About Me

My photo
Always complaining about something!

Sunday 24 January 2010

M150 and TI175, two courses at once. I Must be Mad

I have just confirmed to myself waht the vast majority have known for a very long time.. I am completely and utterly wired.

Its Saturday 12:35pm. I am sat here having just finished the half way mark of the M150 unit 11 course book, which I must say seems a little dry in comparison to the programming. I still can not get my head around why just as you are starting to grasp programming the OU pull it from under you and make you learn about Perception, Dimensions of Reach and other psychological ramblings, only jump back to unit 8 and carry on with the programming again. Just as I had started gathering momentum with the Javascript as well.

Starting on this T175 malarky this afternoon. Just sent Andy to Asda to buy me a new folder for this momentous moment ( I have an odd love for the feeling of buying and using new stationery)

I have also purchased a copy of an old examination paper for next years course on the OU website (object orientated programming with Java ( oohh yeah baby check me out with the geek chic!)) to get used to the examination papers and give me an idea of how hard the course is going to be. I intend on doing this for a ll my prospective courses.

Learning aside I have been helping Andy with some car club stuff and yesterday I created an easy to use membership form for the club. This was the first time I had managed to put my newly found HTML skills to some good use. Andy then did some PHP to enable the form to be emailed to the relevant committee member and for a paypal payment to be made from the form. At least I can now see the skills I am picking up being put to use.

Next task is to start looking for entry level jobs in the coveted world of IT. It would seem for every job there are 650 applicants (maybe a slight overexaggeration there but you get the picture) who are probably vastly over qualified and have a wealth of experience but nothing ventured, nothing gained, the prosepect of selling Gas and electric for the rest of my life fills me with horror and grief.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the T175 stuff - I'm sure you'll have fun with it! The only problem that I've had with mine is getting enough people out of the group to participate in the online discussions and chats which you need to do for some of the TMA questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Neil. The forums are not open yet so I have hit a brick wall and can not do anything further lol.

    ReplyDelete